Monday, March 21, 2011

Water Distressed Flower Tutorial by Such a Pretty Mess

I found the water distressed flower tutorial that I used to make the flowers for my "Our Family" shadow box.  See picture of one of these flowers below.  The tutorial was created by Gabrielle at Such a Pretty Mess, and it is very easy to follow.  Click here to go to the tutorial.  You will have to check out Gabrielle's other tutorials and inspirational projects while you are visiting her blog.  She is very talented!



These flowers work perfectly for shadow boxes because they are very three-dimensional.  I love, love, love the look of these flowers!  For the flower shown above, I inked the edges of the petals with glimmer mist in Tattered Leather (brown) to give it more of a vintage feel.  To attach the pins, I pushed them into a small piece of chipboard which I hid behind the flower.  By pushing the pins into chipboard, you avoid getting painful pin pricks.

I hope you enjoy making these flowers!  I certainly did!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment