Friday, November 11, 2011

I Love You Grandpa and Happy Veteran's Day!

I lost my grandfather this past Sunday.  He was given a few days to live after finding out he had Acute Leukemia at the age of 80 last week.  Myself and the entire immediate family were with him when he passed at his home.  He was an absolutely wonderful man and I admired him so much.  He served in the army during the Korean Conflict and raised his family on the family farm established in 1891 by his great-grandfather.  The farm is still in my family today.

I was so honored when my grandmother asked me to make the photo boards for the funeral.  I have some photos of the boards below.  My sister helped me put these together as we only had a day to make these.  They turned out beautiful and I believe they display my grandpa's memory so well.  I will miss him dearly - I love you grandpa and thanks for all of the wonderful memories! 





The word art was created by Elegant Word Art by Bethany and the horse and tractor cut-outs are SVG files from the Grandpa's Organic Farm SVG Collection by SVGCuts.

Thanks to all of the soldiers, past and present, that are serving our wonderful country.  Happy Veteran's Day!                                                                             

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your grandfather! Sending comforting thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Mel, especially on short notice. Prayers and thoughts with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Melanie, on the loss of your grandfather. You did an amazing job on the photo boards and what a beautiful and moving tribute to his memory. May you find comfort in those memories in the days ahead. *Hugs*

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sorry for the loss of your Grandfather. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your board came out beautiful!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers and hugs your way. So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Your board is a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete