Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day at Unity - Challenge #2 Texture

It's Melanie here and I am having so much fun making cards today - it's World Card Making Day!  I am loving all of the fun challenges at Unity Stamps so I decided to make a card for their 2nd challenge of the day which is to create a card using 2 or more textures.

I used felt, twine and stitching to add texture to this card.  The baby clothes are dies from Papertrey Ink.  I started with white felt and used glimmer mist to add color to the clothes.  Glimmer mist works awesome on felt - I didn't realize this until now!  :)


Now for all the details on the baby clothes!  It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I stamped polka dots onto the cute little baby dress using a mini background stamp from the Ippity Stamps 'A Moment in Time' collection.  I added a button and a heart to two of the onesies and a stitched pocket to the blue onesie.  I felt like a baby clothes designer making these!  LOL!  Here are close-ups:
 

 
The patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye and the 'Heaven Sent' stamped sentiment is from the 'Precious Little One' stamp set by Unity Stamps and Simple Stories.

I am hoping to enter more of the challenges for World Card Making Day over the next couple weeks!  I hope you are getting time to craft today too!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment