Monday, March 4, 2013

Call Me

If you follow my blog, you know how much I love Unity Stamps, October Afternoon, and Lettering Delights.  Today, I am sharing a card I made using all of these!


I was recently looking at the October Afternoon blog and I was inspired by some fun cards using the 9 to 5 collection.  You can see these cards here.  The papers in the 9 to 5 collection are so colorful and retro, and they worked perfectly with the telephone themed stamps and SVGs I used for this card.

I cut the 'telephone index' paper in multiple pieces and layered them to make it look like an actual tabbed index.  There aren't any contacts listed in the index - I thought about adding some, then decided to keep it blank so it didn't take away from the rest of the card.  Sometimes too many details is not a good thing.

The telephone dial background stamp is from the Unity Stamps November 2011 SMAK kit and the 'call me' sentiment is from the February 2013 Kit of the Month.

The phone and scalloped frames are SVGs from the Good Company collection by Lettering Delights.

Materials:
-Phone and Scalloped Frame SVGs by Lettering Delights, Good Company Collection
-Unity Stamp Sets - Feb 2013 Kit of the Month, Nov 2011SMAK Kit
-Patterned Paper, Brad, and Buttons by October Afternoon, 9 to 5 Collection
-Cardstock by Baazill Basics and Stampin' Up!
-Rustic Twine by Papertrey Ink
-Silver paper clip by Stampin' Up!
-Chevron Embossing Die by Cuttlebug
-Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Riptide
-Sprinkler in Token by October Afternoon
-Distress Ink in Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to call me (pun intended)!  :)

Mel

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! I love the design and the layers!! The embellishments you used are perfect!! What an fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing!!! I love all the layers and the fun embellies you used.

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and amazing layering! The embellishments and cuts are fabulous:)

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete