Saturday, October 19, 2013

EEK! Crafting with My Nephew!

Spooky Greetings All!

I have been so busy researching my family heritage that I haven't had much time to craft or blog.  I have really missed playing with paper and staying connected with all of you, my crafty friends. 

I got a little time to craft with my nephew yesterday and thought I would share the card he and I made for his mom/my sister.

 
My nephew really liked the spider web and spider SVGs from the Lettering Delights Little Boo-ligans Accent Cut It Set so we made those the focus of the card.  He also picked out the colors - hence the orange eyes!!!!  :)


I made the card a circle shape so the spider web would really pop on the card and we added a little EEK! flag.  To make the flag, we used a little flyer and alpha stickers from the October Afternoon Witch Hazel collection and some twine from the Farmhouse collection.

Check out the super creative note on the inside:


Don't you just love what my nephew did with the letters to bring them to life in a spooky way?  This was totally his idea and it turned out so cute!  The "e" is supposed to be a zombie!  BTW - I didn't help him with spelling - that would take away some of the cuteness factor!

Here is a pic of my nephew with the completed card!  :)


Thanks for stopping by to see our card and Happy Holloween!  :)

Melanie

2 comments:

  1. How FUN to spend time and craft together with your nephew! What a great card! Eeek, love that spider and the orange eyes are wicked! I love the inside message-too cute!
    TFS!!!
    Have a great evening Melanie!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is so adorable!! What a cute card!! I love the shape and that awesome spider and web!! So cute!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete